REVEL IN ARIZONA WITH MYQUEST ADVENTURES
The Sonoran Desert offers hundreds of mile of great trails for training and adventures.
This itinerary begins in Phoenix and concludes with the arrival at the Overland Expo West in Flagstaff, offering a blend of adventurous off-road experiences and scenic explorations, including traveling the old Senator Highway over three days.
THE REVEL CLUB'S ARIZONA GUIDED EXCURSION
Three-Day Overland Adventure Itinerary
Journey to Crown King
- Morning Meetup: Rock Springs Cafe (Location pin to be sent). Option to arrive early for breakfast, pie, or just a coffee.
Departure: Be ready for a "wheels up" departure at 09:00 AM.
Initial Route: Approximately 10 miles on I-17, taking the Bumblebee exit.
Scenic Drive: 27 miles on an improved dirt road leading to Crown King. Points of Interest: Bumble Bee (historic stagecoach stop), Cleator (home of the unique yacht club), and a scenic overlook.
Senator Highway Stretch: 8 miles on a primitive road, passing by the waterfall, to our campsite.
High Desert to Pine Forest
- Morning Departure: Wheels up at 09:00 AM.
- Trail Adventure: 13 miles (around 3 hours) through the high desert transitioning into the pine forest, with minor obstacles to navigate.
- Midday Break: Lunch at Palace Station, another stagecoach stop from the past.
- Afternoon Drive: Continue for 10 miles (about 2 hours) of dirt road to reach Prescott.
- Evening Cruise: 27 miles of tarmac through Prescott, ascending into the Mingus mountain range. Enjoy a scenic overlook and set up camp for night two.
From Ghost Town to Flagstaff
- Morning Wheels Up: 09:00 AM, flexible for a later start.
- Short Drive to Jerome: 8 miles (20 minutes) to the ghost town of Jerome. We'll spend a couple of hours exploring and have lunch, timing dependent on our start.
- Final Leg: Approximately 67 miles to our final destination, Fort Tuthill in Flagstaff.
- The route includes a drive through the stunning Sedona and up Oak Creek Canyon.
- Option for a walking break in Sedona if desired by the guests.
Please ensure your vehicle is ready for departure at the specified "wheels up" times each day. We look forward to a memorable adventure with breathtaking views and historical stops along the way!
CHECK OUT PHOTOS FROM OUR 2023
4x4 VAN EXCURSION IN ARIZONA
Meet Your Guide
Jim is one of THE REVEL CLUB's lead trainers for many reasons! He is a retired Fire Fighter/Paramedic based out of Phoenix, AZ. He represented the USA on the 1992 Camel Trophy team in Guyana, and then was hired back the following year to pre-scout and create a route book for the 1994 event in Paraguay, Argentina, and Chile. As a result, Jim was asked to assist with the selection and training of every US team from 1993-1998. Also, from that event he developed a working relationship with Land Rover North America in which he has provided driving instruction and emergency medical support while on their events.
Over the past 30 years, Jim has worked on Vehicle based events in 29 different countries on 5 continents. He has a passion for teaching, whether it's emergency vehicle operations to Fire Fighters or off-road driving, recovery, vehicle selection/prep, or wilderness medicine to civilians. Along with Emergency Vehicle Operations Instructor, Paramedic, Wilderness Paramedic, Jim also is certified as a City & Guilds NPTC Off-Road Assessor and British Columbia Forest Safety Council Instructor.
Hear the past attendee's speak about their experience with THE REVEL CLUB'S 4X4 Van Excursion in Arizona
HAVE A QUESTION?
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I become a member of THE REVEL CLUB?
Do members of THE REVEL CLUB get preference?
Can I still participate if I am not a member of THE REVEL CLUB?
Any prerequisites required?
What will the roads we’re driving be like?
What will I learn?
Is food/drink provided?
Are pets allowed?
My vehicle has no modifications (i.e. bigger tires or lift), can I still attend?
Do I need recovery gear?
Join us May 14-16, 2024
ARIZONA GUIDED TRIP
LIMITED TO ONLY 6 VANS
NOT YET A MEMBER?
JOIN THE REVEL CLUB
Join us and find like-minded people who are equally as
BECOME A MEMBER
passionate about travel, exploration and nature.
Thanks so much for joining our community and for adding to the fun! Let's find friends, become family, and go out into the wild and enjoy every minute exploring with our vans!